STUDENT VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS
1) Attend field training conducted by Marin MPA Watch (initial field training is three to four hours).
2) If under age 18, parental consent form (Interns aged 12-15 must be accompained by parent or guardian during MPA Watch surveys).
3) Love walking on the beach. Volunteers must be physically able to walk two-five miles on the beach.
4) Ability to complete two surveys a month (four-hour time commitment with travel twice a month).
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNSHIP
1) Drivers License and transportation (must provide proof of car insurance).
2) Ability to commit at least 16-20 hours a month recruiting, coordinating and assisting with training new volunteers.
3) Contribute content for social media public relations.
4) Enthusiasm for contributing to citizen-science!
January - May: Apply by December 31
June - August: Apply by April 30
September - December: Apply by July 31